Introducing our brand new hybrid steel AND aluminum overland front bumper for the 3rd gen Tacoma. The Hi-Lite gets it's name from it's aggressive high clearance design as well as it's ultra-light weight construction. Our bumper features a full 26lb aluminum shell paired with a 54lb steel winch cradle - totaling only 80lbs. We've specially designed this bumper to have the strength where you need it most while saving weight everywhere else. We built this bumper purely with the Overlander in mind - to offer a great looking, affordable, full protection, strong and lightweight solution.
(Powder coat included in price - Raw bumpers available upon request)
Typically, bumpers are either constructed purely out of steel or aluminum. An all steel bumper adds significant weight to your vehicle, easily rusts, can affect your suspension, and can cause premature ware on a variety of components. And a fully aluminum bumper typically costs significantly more money and is usually not as strong as steel. The answer is combining the two.
LEAD TIME INFO HERE
Installation Video HERE
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
- Full front protection
- 26lb aluminum outer shell
- 54lb steel winch cradle
- Full bumper weight - 80lbs
- Welded and buffed using robotics to ensure perfect consistency
- Beautiful lines and angles that compliment the factory body lines
- Rust free front bumper
- Fits up to 12,000lb winches
- Accepts all hawse fairleads and most roller* fairleads. (Not guaranteed to fit all styles of roller fairleads. Some roller fairleads may be too large for the recessed opening.)
- Large cutouts for winch access and winch spooling visibility
- Elevated high clearance winch mount
- 2 D-ring shackle mounts
- 2 square light cutouts to fit our Pathfinder Pods or most aftermarket pods
- Flat top platform to add lightbars or other lights like our PROWLR lights
- Durable black powder coat finish (included)
- Winch can be mounted to vehicle separate from bumper
- Simple one man installation
- High clearance design for excellent approach angles and better fitment for larger tires
- All bumpers will come powder coated
- Optional steel frame support brackets (Must have for winching)
- This bumper DOES work with the factory TSS
***Most winches WILL fit this bumper with no issues, however if your winch height exceeds 10.1", you may have to relocate your solenoid OR slightly modify the crossmember. Specifically, on WARN ZEON winches, they are 10.5" tall and require relocation/modification.***
***Installation may require minor alteration to front transmission line***
***THIS PRODUCT IS MADE FOR OFFROAD USE ONLY***
Toyota Tacoma Mods
Outfitting your Toyota Tacoma for off-roading adventures begins with the Toyota Tacoma Hi-Lite Overland front bumper from Backwoods Adventure Mods. This rugged, high-performance front bumper was designed and built specifically for the 3rd gen Tacoma. It features our proprietary hybrid design technology that takes advantage of the lightweight aluminum and the extreme strength of steel. Without the bull bar, the bumper plus winch cradle weigh in at a mere 80lbs while offering unparalleled protection. It looks great, safeguards your truck, and won’t cost you a fortune.
In addition to being lightweight, the Hi-Lite also offers aggressively high clearance so you can drive over just about anything safely. This remarkable bumper is the best thing you can do for your Tacoma.
Superior Design and Innovation
Front-end damage is par for the course for off-roaders. Rocks, boulders, brush, and branches pose a constant threat to the look and integrity of your overlanding vehicle. Aftermarket bumpers are the solution; they offer significantly more protection than the Toyota stock bumper. Typically, off-roaders have to choose between steel and aluminum. Solid steel is virtually indestructible, but weighs a ton and thus affects the overall performance of the truck. Aluminum is light and almost as strong, but significantly more expensive.
At Backwoods Adventure Mods, we’ve taken the best features of both materials and used them to create our Hi-Lite hybrid front bumper. You get a light aluminum bumper that won’t rust or wear out your 4x4 that features steel mounts and a steel winch cradle for extra strength where you need it.
The Hi-Lite is built in the USA at our high-tech facility in Springdale, Arkansas. Our master craftsmen take pride in every Hi-Lite they build and in using our advanced equipment to achieve industry-leading precision and consistency. You simply won’t find a better aftermarket Toyota Tacoma front bumper anywhere.
Shop aftermarket bumpers at Backwoods Adventure Mods today.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.